Last Updated January 1, 2020
The information that we collect:
- When you use the Services, you may provide and we may collect information that personally identifies you, including your name, e-mail address, mailing address, mobile phone number, age, gender, and/or date of birth.
- When you use the Services, you may provide and we may collect certain financial information including your investments, income, expenses, investible assets, investing risk tolerance, and other similar types of information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
- Understanding traffic patterns and the number of visitors to the Site and other websites that we partner with;
- Understanding how you use and interact with the Site;
- Improving BuddyIns products and services;
- Optimizing your experience on the Site;
- Providing anonymous individual or aggregate auditing, research, modeling, and reporting for our advertisers and other partners;
- Storing your password so you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit the Site;
- Providing you with relevant advertising and content; and
- Managing the Site.
Please note that cookies may be placed by a third party service provider who performs these functions for us. These third parties may have their own privacy policies.
Automatically Collected Information
When you visit the Site, use the Services, or open an email from BuddyIns, we may automatically receive and record IP addresses, web browsers and/or mobile devices, hardware and software settings and configurations, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after visiting the Site, the pages you view on the Site, your actions on the Site, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Services. When you use the Site on a mobile device, we may also collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or wireless local area network signals.
Third Party Web Beacons and Third Party Buttons
- Email Marketing
If you elect to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. You may opt-out at any time by following the instructions included in each newsletter.
- Sharing of Personal Information
We may share Data with third parties if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce our Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of the Company, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
If you do not want us to share your personal information with these companies, please do not fill out any forms on the site.
When we disclose information: We may disclose your information in connection with providing the Services and the operation of our business. For example:
• We may share Personal Information with certain of our third party partners to verify your identity in connection with your use of certain aspects of the Services.
• When you report a complaint about a product or third party service provider featured on our site.
If you do not want us to share your Personal Information with any third parties, please email us at contact@BuddyIns.com.
- Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, we do not allow children under 13 years of age to use the Services, we do not knowingly collect or maintain information from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of the Services are directed to persons under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Services at any time or in any manner. If we learn that information has been collected through the Services from persons under 13 years of age and without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 13 years of age has obtained a BuddyIns account or provided us with information, please alert us at contact@BuddyIns.com to request that we delete the information from our systems.
- International Visitors
The Service is hosted in the United States and is intended solely for visitors located within the United States. The information we provide and the third-party products and services featured are tailored for the United States market only. You agree that if you choose to use the Services from outside the United States, you will be transferring your information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing.
- Our Commitment to Data Security
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us through the Services or store on the Site and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
Although we may allow you to adjust your privacy settings to limit access to your information, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other users or other third parties with whom you may choose to share your information. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that information you post through the Services and on the Site will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site. Even after removal, copies of information that you have posted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other users have copied or stored such information.
- Changes and Updates
- Do Not Track Disclosures
Third parties such as advertising networks, analytics providers, and widget providers may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you access or use our Services.
Currently, various browsers offer a “Do Not Track” option, but there is no standard for how DNT should work on commercial websites. Due to lack of such standards, the Site does not respond to Do Not Track consumer browser settings.
- Contacting Us